Monday, December 12, 2022

Christmas Party At Mom's


Well, it finally happened! Elder Homestead decided to have a Christmas Party this year, something that hasn't happened since before the Pandemic began. Staff told me that 150 people were planning on attending. And, I was so excited because this felt like the world was finally beginning to return to normal



A couple of days before the party, I had a wild thought, and asked the staff if we could donate the wine for the party. They said, YES! And so, that's what we did.



We drove over a bit early because parking would be tight, and brought the little table top Christmas tree that Mom's friend, Barb, had given her last year. Mom loves the holidays, and all the decor that goes along with it ...




People seemed to be enjoying themselves, and Mom loved singing the Christmas carols. Mom doesn't like to eat many kinds of foods these days, but she decided to have a glass of wine, and had doubles on the French Silk Pie!








Gert the Flirt was the entertainment. She sang, played the kazoo, and made balloon candy canes for the residents. Her own mom also lives in Heritage Lane with Mom.




Mom's Good Friend, Helen



I appreciate that they had this party. I appreciate that they try to make the building festive with the Christmas trees and decorations that Mom loves so much. That goes a long way in helping me to feel good about Mom living there.




Mom called me twice after we got home to tell me how much fun she'd had. Me, too.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!