Monday, February 14, 2022

January Bookclub

I've been so distracted with Mom's move, that I forgot to write about our January Bookclub Beauties meeting! Sunday, January 23rd was cold and roads were a little icy, but everyone made it over here. We decided to eat in front of the fire, and it was so nice and warm. Our book selection was the Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan. I did finish it, but again, I've been so distracted lately that I had a difficult time getting through it. Cathy chose to watch the movie instead! I made Mom's egg casserole and tots, Kat made "fancy ham and cheese" (which we dipped in dijon mustard), Cathy made blueberry buckle, and Mona brought fresh fruit. We also had a hot apple juice drink (fireball whiskey optional), and Boones Farm fuzzy navel wine. Mona brought a topper hair piece someone had gifted her, and we helped trouble shoot good ways to secure it on her head. Kat brought everybody a hot buttered rum mix! I love these ladies so much. Our next book selection will be Echoes of The Soul by Echo Bodine, and we're all very excited to read and discuss this one! We'll meet at Mona's condo at the end of February for our next gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!