Friday, February 18, 2022

35 Years

35 years? How can this be? Just a little blip in time, it seems, but we do keep going!
I kind of like that we don't usually celebrate too big, but since our anniversary also falls on Valentine's Day, there has to be a couple of celebrations at least. I went to see Mom in the morning, and brought her candy and a new baby for her bed, a soft black lab stuffed animal, in memory of a dog we used to have, Caesar's Ghost.
Katie and little boy stopped over with a homemade Valentine card that had a sticker of a guinea pig on it. I start to laugh whenever I think of little boy's face before he gave me the card, so absorbed he was in looking at that guinea pig sticker. Katie also gave us two Valentine cheesecakes, yummy to eat while we watched our nightly episode of Downton Abbey.
I made a roast in the crockpot, which was extra special because I haven't been buying much meat since the Pandemic began. We had roasted brussels sprouts and mashed potatoes with the roast, and opened a bottle of Merlot.
We each gave each other a heart shaped box of chocolates, and Bruce gave me turtles, my favorite. Bruce also gave me a red rechargeable tire inflator, and if that doesn't say love, I don't know what does!
The day after Valentine's Day, we went to the Chanhassen Dinner Theater to see Footloose. Bruce ordered the steak dinner, but I opted to try something different, the Vegan Impossi-Loaf. It was interesting, and tasted of sage and thyme. I'm not sorry I tried it, but maybe next time I'll get the famous Chanhassen Chicken again. The music was fun! And, it really wasn't too bad to wear my mask most of the time. We had to show proof of vaccination status, and people were pretty good about wearing their masks when they weren't eating or drinking. I suppose the mask mandate will be lifted soon, just when I'm finally comfortable wearing one...
Hard to imagine that we'll live another 35 years, but you never know. Wouldn't that be an honor?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!