Friday, August 10, 2018

Purple Dress



Last weekend, a good friend's youngest son got married and we were among the lucky ones who were invited to attend! The reception was in an old mansion in South Minneapolis, in fact it was an old mansion that Bruce and I had looked into when we were planning our own wedding some 31 years ago, but that's not important now.

What's important, was that I was so excited to go and dance. I had just been in the hospital right before Katie's wedding, and was in no condition to dance at hers. It ended up being just one of those things, but it was still kind of sad.

When I was getting ready to be mother of the bride, I found it challenging to find just the right mother of the bride dress to wear. So many of them looked matronly (or else, way too tight), and I ended up buying and returning several purple dresses. (I also kept some because I liked them. So purple dresses, I have a few.) Was that crazy? After talking to other mothers of brides and grooms who did the exact same thing, I've decided that it was probably pretty normal.

So, for Katie's wedding, I rediscovered a lacy lilac dress that was in my closet all along that had never been worn, but was loved all the same. And for this wedding, I wore one of the purple mother of the bride dresses I had bought but which had been vetoed, although I'm not totally sure why because it's a really nice dress!

Anyway, Bruce danced some with me, and then I ended up dancing with Renee, mother of the groom.

It was a blast! And though I don't get out to many fancy places these days, I'm going to find a way to wear all my purple dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!