Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Birthday Week
























I'm having an excellent birthday week.

My actual birthday brought phone calls from friends, a brunch with Pa (and Richard and Bruce) at the Good Day Cafe, plus a dinner at home. Mark and Mom came over, of course. And Nick also came home this weekend for a visit, and brought Olivia with. I skyped with Katie and Avi, and talked to Jake on the phone.

Then I grilled the birthday steaks, but Bruce made the Angel Food Cake with bananas, pudding, and whipped cream, which turned out Y-U-M-M-Y.

Bruce is starting to get more creative in the kitchen. I think he has a signature appetizer now! Kabobs of watermelon balls/mozzarella cheese/grape tomatoes/ ham and basil. Plus he's been making cream of wheat with brown sugar in the morning which he then shares with me. Good man.

Punk has been behaving better this week, too. Recently she had been kind of naughty, and going potty on the carpet at the bottom of the stairs to the basement family room. I told her that maybe she needed to spend a little more time in her room to get re-aquainted with her litter box. I would then close her in there for a little while after she ate. Maybe it's helping? Or, maybe it's her birthday present to me! 😘

It's nice to be remembered on your birthday, no matter how old you get to be.

The rest of the week looks promising. Tomorrow, I meet Debbie for supper at Spasso. Thursday might bring the State Fair (Thrifty Thursday, no less), and this weekend might mean some cabin time and a trip to Stillwater to hear Bruce perform some of the songs he wrote for the Summer Singer Songwriter's Challenge. I'm loving all the activity and people, but I am noticing that I'm pretty tired when the days are done. Guess we can't be full of energy forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!