Friday, February 16, 2018

Anniversary Week



















We celebrated our 31st Wedding Anniversary on Valentines Day, but actually made a whole week of it. It went something like this ...

Saturday brought purple tulips.

Sunday brought chocolate dipped strawberries, homemade of course.

Monday we had a dinner of appetizers and champagne in front of the fire in our living room.

Tuesday, Bruce and I went out for an early dinner at Houlihans. I had steak!

Wednesday, we went to Como Zoo and Matt's Bar in South Minneapolis for Juicy Lucy's, YUM.

Thursday was Karaoke at the High Timber Lounge in Chanhassen. I still didn't have the courage to get up and sing, but it's now on my bucket list.

Friday, Jake came home for a visit after finishing up his work week of recruiting at St. Olaf and Carlton College. Yay for Jacob!

The zoo was wonderful. The weather was balmy and sunny, and we felt like we were on a tropical island as we walked through the Conservatory. It wasn't crowded, and there weren't many kids there, either, probably because they were busy having Valentine parties at  their schools. I need to remember Como Zoo in the future when I'm feeling like the winter is getting too long. You can't beat the price of free, and it really is a nice, little zoo.

I need to point out that Katie gave us a Bunny on a Ball statue to sit on the mantle, and it looks glorious there. She also gave a bunch of interesting cheese to Bruce, but we haven't eaten it all quite yet.

I like that most of our celebrating was home based, and included lots of time doing things together versus buying stuff. I read somewhere that the average cost of Valentines Day can be about $512!

4 comments:

  1. Those are the best days: spent with your other half!
    And that food looks delicious!
    Have a great week, Sandy!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!