Thursday, February 8, 2018

Wedding Things










Wedding preparation is moving along! Invitations are now out, and yesterday we met with the coordinator of the wedding venue. She told us that we were not behind at all, which was really good to hear. And, I'm grateful that there is someone like her, I even told her that as we were leaving. It's true, I am so grateful for any and all guidance we can get.

Meanwhile, our thirty-first wedding anniversary is coming up next week. You might think that we'd have some grandiose idea of how we could celebrate big, but I'm thinking that it could be fun to just go to the zoo and look at the animals. Maybe make a Valley of the Sea salad with heart shaped pasta and imitation crab delights. Oh, and Trader Joe's has two dozen tulips for $10.99! Maybe make some chocolate dipped strawberries. The possibilities are endless!

I also brought a wedding picture of Mom and Dad to the Care Center. They're going to have some sweetheart's shindig for Valentine's Day, and people will try to guess who's who in the photos.
Since Dad is now done with his last round of antibiotics for pneumonia, and seems to be feeling more energetic, maybe he'll feel like going. Or, maybe not. He doesn't usually like parties.

And then we'll be to the middle of February, and winter will soon be over. It's all good.

4 comments:

  1. I am excited for your Katie! I like you ideas for your upcoming anniversary. Jeff and I will be marking year 33 in March. I just want to do something low key and inexpensive. ;) I'm glad you dad is starting to feel better. I've been worried about him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. Lots of things going on around here these days! Happy anniversary to you and Jeff, too. I agree that low key and inexpensive in the celebrating is the way to go.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sandy!
    I haven't been around lately, but I agree with Debbie. Your ideas for your upcoming anniversary are great!
    I'm glad your father is more energetic and maybe, he'll feel like going to the party.
    Have a great day!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paula! We ended up having a very nice anniversary, low key and relaxing. The way to go!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!