Saturday, February 24, 2018

73 Degrees






















As we walked through Tonkadale Greenhouse yesterday, the air felt so fresh and alive with oxygen.

Katie mentioned that when we walked in and she let out her first couple of breaths, it felt like all the tensions building up inside were let out, too.

I understand what she was saying.

It was 73 degrees in there, something wonderful when it's February in Minnesota and winter feels like it's never going to end.

We took our time. There were a couple of cats there, and pussy willows.

Why do I always forget that there is somewhere like Tonkadale Greenhouse to go to?

Silly me.

After we were done, we went to People's Organic for supper. We each ordered their breakfast bowl, and this is what they were ... layers of fresh baby spinach, brown rice, small chunks of sweet potato, black beans, avocado, red onion, pico de gallo, two eggs cooked the way you want, bacon, a drizzle of sour cream, and some toasted sunflower seeds. So good.

And, I had to write all this down because I want to remember!

As I sit here sipping on Jasmine green tea and looking out the window at the falling snow (it's really pretty but we're supposed to get another 5-10 inches tonight), I know that winter won't last forever.

2 comments:

  1. That seems to be a beautiful place!
    Is that rabbit statuete doing yoga?!
    Have a great week!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a beautiful place! And healing to spend time in.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!