Monday, September 14, 2015

September Updates


















I love September.

We've been enjoying the porch a bit longer, eating supper out there when we can plus sometimes ice cream and cookies in the evening after dark, and listening to late summer night sounds. It's cooling down and the house is actually a little chilly in the early morning. Still too early to turn the furnace on, of course.

Bruce is on a mission, replacing all the wood around the patio. That is one huge job.

Jake has gone back to St. Olaf and the house is quiet again. Except for the sound of blue jays and crows in the neighborhood. But, I haven't seen groupings of large black birds strolling through the yard yet, maybe I missed them, but that always tells me that summer is over.

What is it about September? New hopes for the future and new energy everywhere!

I think it's one of my favorite months.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!