Monday, September 7, 2015

State Fair













My bucket list for the State Fair this year was not very long.

I'm a huge animal lover, so the first thing we did was to check out the barns. There were no poultry exhibits to see this year (think bird flu), but the goats were sweet, and the cows were serene. If I could only see one thing at the fair, it would be the animals.

Next, I wanted to find Terry's yarn in the Creative Arts building, which earned a second place ribbon! And, then take a picture to prove that I found it.  :-)

Food ... we shared a gyro and lemonade, which we usually do, but we also sampled some Poutine, which is a Canadian dish made of french fries and cheese curds and topped with gravy. It was yummy. And then some fried green tomatoes with ranch dressing, which was also yummy.

It was hot and humid as the Fair almost always is, and so the next thing on my list was to sit and rest a spell on a green bench in the cool of the 4H building ...

We only lasted about three hours before the heat and humidity overtook us, though, and at that point, the final goal on my bucket list was to get back on that air conditioned bus and go home!

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!