Sunday, June 7, 2015

Taking Care of Things






We spent some time decluttering and organizing parts of the house this weekend, and it felt really good.

We finished one of the bedrooms and would like to get through another, plus move back stuff that landed from the storage room into the family room last weekend when we got water in the basement. I think things are drying out down there, but I'm a little nervous that it's not completely dry under the carpet at the bottom of the stairs. We've had the fan blowing over the area, and today I turned on the dehumidifier. I'm even thinking I might sprinkle some baking soda over the carpet and vacuum it up after it sits for awhile. Just for good measure.

It's been warm and humid this week, and we've been missing our whole house fan that died last year. It seems too early to turn on the air conditioner, but moving air is nice. We decided to try a small window fan in our bedroom, and it's working well. The sound of a fan is comforting to me, too, so maybe I'll be able to sleep better while it's on.

After the rooms are done, we'll think about planting something like hosta along the front sidewalk. All my baby zinnias that I planted from seed have been eaten by bunnies. I like bunnies, but that was frustrating. Hosta would be nice, too, as they'll come up every year.

It's good to take care of things!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!