Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014
















We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. The roads were good, the food was tasty, and the company was the best. Katie brought a couple kinds of herb bread and ginger cookies from Great Harvest, Mark brought a pot of Swedish meatballs, and Mom brought her famous homemade pies, both apple and pumpkin.

The turkey turned out great! I roasted it at 425 degrees for 3-1/2 hours, the skin turning crispy brown and the meat moist and delicious. It worked out so well that I'm going to roast it the same way next year, but I've already decided that I'm not going to obsess so much about the reading of the meat thermometer.

Life is good, and we have so much to be thankful for! Practicing gratitude is the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!