Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Post Weekend







Jake's spring break is now over and he's headed back to school. Sometimes I think that I'm adjusting to our newly empty nest, and then when the kids come and go again, I have to readjust!  Katie's been in Seoul for a week now. She seems to be liking it there, says she's been sleeping okay and likes the food. I'm hoping that we'll see Nick at Easter. I guess once a mom, always a mom.

I think our old lady dog is in a better spot. I don't see her biting at her rump or licking her legs much any more, if at all. And she seems to be resting better. We took her for her first spring walk around the park on Sunday, and we made it around once. When we got home, she promptly fell asleep. But, Jessie will always defend our home against invaders … she had a fit when four deer walked through the yard last night.

Grandma Gloria seems to be more and more in her own world. I think she still recognizes us, but the memory unit has become her home now and she seems to prefer being with the other folks there. I think that's okay, she seems content and relaxed.

So maybe things are as they should be for now. The weather is not very spring like, but it is April and this snow can't last forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!