Saturday, April 12, 2014

Sausage and Rice





Bruce gave me this casserole dish some time ago, although I don't remember when. I guess these days if I can't remember the when or why of some gifts, I can at least remember who gave them to me! Last night I made a casserole of sausage and rice that has become a favorite of ours. Bruce says it reminds him of risotto, only better. It's also much easier to make.

Sausage and Rice

One pound of ground pork sausage
About one half of an onion, diced
1/2 cup rice (I use brown rice)
Cream of Chicken soup, one can
Chicken Noodle soup, one can
Sliced mushrooms, one can, drained

Brown the sausage and onion together, drain off the grease. Mix together with the rest of the ingredients in a greased casserole dish. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for about 1-1/2 hours until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. We love to eat this with some cinnamon applesauce.

Comfort food at it's best!


1 comment:

  1. I love the casserole dish and can't wait to try the casserole itself. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!