Thursday, January 16, 2014

Random Thursday






I made us some caramelized brussels sprouts tonight for supper tonight, as I found a bag of fresh brussels sprouts at Trader Joe's that looked pretty good. I used sesame oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, and kosher salt, just tasting as I went along. I liked the sweet and savory combination of it, and then Bruce said that he had eaten caramelized brussels sprouts at some fancier restaurants while on work trips recently and that mine was actually better! Nice thing to say, husband ...

Winds have picked up, and today I noticed leaves blown up against some snowy steps. Amazing what one can see when walking the sidewalks of the city! As always, I love the convenience of the camera on my phone. Sometimes I wonder if I should invest in a better camera, but then I think that I would probably end up not wanting to carry it around. A phone is always there and ready to snap a cool photo.

And, the weekend is coming up, and Diana is coming for a visit. My plan is to clean house before she arrives. I have a couple days to work on it, all is well.


2 comments:

  1. The Brussels sprouts look fantastic! I love baking them with just olive oil, salt, and pepper, but I may have to try adding some of your ingredients to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried baking brussels sprouts before, I should!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!