Sunday, September 8, 2013

Success

Well, the cats survived a night on their own while Bruce and I went up to the cabin! We kept them in separate parts of the house as they have drastically different diets and Tristin has a tendency to try and bully Minnie. Not that he's a mean cat, but he's a big boy and kind of full of it. I kept the bathroom and bedroom doors closed, thinking that there would be less trouble for him to get into, and the only thing I noticed was a pillow he had drug onto the living room floor. Minnie had two dishes of her Miralax Pumpkin Pate laid out, and she had cleaned almost all of it up, which was a bit surprising since she usually only wants to eat when someone else is in the room. I guess it was a success and we might be able to get up to the cabin for a night here and there, so that's a freeing thought. Once more, Bruce worked on things for his upcoming fishing trip. He says that maybe the best part of these trips is the anticipation of going, but I know he enjoys the time fishing with friends, too. We ate some bread (made in the bread maker that Bruce gave me for my very first Mother's Day) and some yummy fresh fruit for breakfast.
It's fun to get away, but I guess I did worry a bit about the fur babies at home.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad the cats did well and now you know you can comfortably go away again sometime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it will definitely make things easier. I think one night will be the most, but that's better than nothing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!