Monday, April 15, 2013

Pulled Pork

In anticipation of Jake's upcoming graduation open house, I made a trip to Costco yesterday to buy some pork to make pulled pork sandwiches. The weather was horrid, with rainy sleety snow happening and it was difficult to even see the road. Once I got there, though, everything was fine. I found Boston Pork Butt for $1.69/lb. and grabbed 28 lbs. to roast, pull, and freeze. I've never made so much meat all at once before, and it was educational. For one thing, that roaster was dang heavy with all the meat plus liquid. (I poured Dr. Pepper over it all while it roasted). The first time I attempted to see how done the meat was, I ended up dumping greasy liquid all over the oven and floor. The dog loved it. And it took a good 14 hours to even get to the point where I could shred it with forks. Ah, but now I have six gallon freezer bags of bbq pulled pork, ready to be reheated on the actual day, which will help so much because those graduation open house days have a tendency to get crazy. Next up is figuring out how to make all the cheesy potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!