Monday, February 4, 2013

Full Weekend

We had a weekend full of meeting both old and new friends. Coffee House at the High School on Friday night to watch Jake perform, a dinner out and concert Saturday night in St. Paul to hear an old college roommate plus a guitar instructor of Bruce's perform, a lunch on Sunday at Debbie's and then finally getting to meet her new guy! Followed by a Superbowl Party with some folks we haven't seen in many years. It was a wonderful weekend, but definitely not typical for us, and I actually had trouble getting to sleep last night as my mind wanted to keep thinking about everything. Today was back to the routine of work and home things... a few loads of laundry in the evening, plus I decided to try to make a batch of homemade yogurt in my crockpot. It's been a couple years since I've last tried, and this time I added some unflavored gelatin to see if I could thicken it up a bit. I also wrapped the pot in a towel and placed it in the insulated carrier to culture overnight. With our cold Minnesota winters, the kitchen counter tops can be chilly. We'll see if it makes a difference. Here's a picture of the last batch I made. Homemade yogurt is quite tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!