Sunday, January 29, 2023

Wedding


The daughter of a fishing buddy of Bruce's got married over the weekend, and we were invited to attend. It's fun to go to a wedding. It's fun to dress up, eat some tasty food, drink a little wine, and watch the entertainment on the dance floor. Curt and Teri were there, too, so we had friends to sit with. 




Mother of the Bride, Gail


Red Velvet Cupcake



It was a cold night (of course it was cold) around zero degrees, and requested attire was a cocktail dress. I did have a dress in mind to wear, but thought it way too frigid to go bare legged. And although it's fallen out of favor, I decided to wear nylons. Once upon a time, people wore nylons all the time. I don't remember nylons being that uncomfortable to wear, but they are uncomfortable to wear, and being uncomfortable is a distraction. I've now decided that I don't think I'll ever wear nylons again. Maybe boots would have been a good idea. The wedding was in a barn, after all!


Maybe if I'd been more comfortable, I'd have suggested that we dance. 😂 The first songs the DJ played were from the 70's and 80's, which was delightful! Then they morphed into more current tunes that we didn't know. Too late! It was fun to see the little flower girl on the dance floor, although I worried she might get stepped on by the others (she didn't). She took a couple of tumbles, but got right back up to run around some more.

His Tie Complements My Dress

We even wore complimentary colors. I asked Teri if she'd take a picture of us, and a couple of them turned out pretty nice. Sometimes people complain about having photos taken of them, but I think that one day, those photos will be appreciated. 💕

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!