Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Halloween 2022













My goodness but we've been having wonderful Fall weather! I remember trick or treating when I was little and living in Chicago, and it was usually warm enough that we didn't need a coat over our costumes. Minnesota weather can be either cold or nice on Halloween, and let's not forget the Halloween Blizzard of 1991. Nick was only three, and here we were, wading through deep snow ... anyway, little boy stopped by in his costume, and we went to a few houses on Berry Lane before he went back to trick or treat with Thomas in his own neighborhood. I over bought candy again, of course, thinking that we might have more kids this year. Nobody showed up until after 7, and then a pack of 20 arrived all at once, which was chaos! Bruce noticed that one little girl was literally shoving handfuls of candy into her bag. I didn't see that, but later on when we were chatting with neighbors, they reported seeing the same thing. 😂  And, little boy really liked the cat ears I was wearing, and kept commenting on how colorful and sparkly they were. He really has an amazing vocabulary for somebody his age. I turned off the porch lights at 8, and there was still a ton of candy left. Come to think of it, Mom's place might appreciate having it for when they hand out prizes for Bingo ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!