Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Beautiful Bellingham, Day Three


I thought I'd sleep well again last night as the bed was really comfortable, but instead I woke after a couple of hours of sleep, and heard heavy feet pacing back and forth in the room above ours. It lasted forever, it seemed. I did eventually get back to sleep, but hopefully that person will settle down tonight.



We took another walk this morning after breakfast, and ended up by the Whatcom Community College. We didn't have any rain, and the sun came out. Diana arrived at the hotel to pick us up for a day of driving, she's going to be our tour guide.






We drove up mountain roads ... the Cascades? the Chuckanut? the Foothills of the Chuckanut? It was kind of a blur because I don't know the area, but it was beautiful. And, did you know that the mountains in that area are a rain forest? The green moss growing on the trees in the thick of it was cool to see. 



The Slough ("sloo")


Migrating Snow Geese

A blur of snow geese!


We drove through farmland areas, and ended up in a little town (Edison) where Diana goes to Zoomba classes with friends. Along the way, we happened to see thousands of snow geese landing in a field along the side of the road, and stopped to watch them. Diana thought they were trumpeter swans, but Bruce told me later that he was sure they were snow geese because they had black on their wings. He didn't want to correct Diana, though. 😂




We had lunch at the Calico Cupboard Cafe in Anacortes ... a veggie sandwich with salad, and a cup of local clam chowder.

Green Moss on the Trees

The Mountain Guardian







We drove up Anacortes Community Forest to Mount Erie. We wondered briefly if Diana's car would make it up the steep road, but it did. Once we got to the top, I didn't want to get too close to the edges.



We stopped at different parks during the day while we drove around so Millie could run and chase the ball. It was misty and raining for much of the day, but I noticed that people were always out and about either running or hiking, playing soccer, or even just standing around by picnic tables and chatting with other people. I decided that if you lived in a state that had as much rain as Washington does, you'd need to get out regardless of the weather, or your life would always be on hold!
 




We stopped at Whatcom Falls Park to see the waterfall.


Bangers And Mash


Then, supper at a Pub. As I was eating my Bangers and Mash, I realized that I've been eating an awful lot of sausage during this trip!


Thought for the day ... I didn't know the mountains in Washington were a rain forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!