Tuesday, July 26, 2022

The Sushi Puzzle

 


This Sushi Puzzle has been a challenge. I've been buying the 500 piece jigsaw puzzles from The Dollar Tree lately, not just because of how inexpensive they are, although that is an incentive, but because they're fun. They're bright and colorful, and, soothing to put together because they follow a pattern of horizontal and vertical pieces.  

Our cat Minnie Mouse, though, was so naughty. She jumped up on the puzzle, scattering things, and knocking a few pieces on the floor. I searched and found a couple, then continued on with the puzzle. The next day, I discovered that she had thrown up over one corner of the puzzle, and into a container holding some pieces! They were soaked through and had to be dried out, but luckily they weren't damaged and could still be used. 

As I was almost finished putting the puzzle together, there was one horizontal piece that stood out, and I couldn't figure out where it belonged. I really thought it would fit in eventually, the pieces can surprise you that way sometimes, but sure enough, when the puzzle was complete, it was the odd piece out. And ... there was a vertical piece missing. 

Down on my hands and knees, and under the dining room table I went, and searched. Another cat of ours, Punk, was down there helping me look, but there was no missing piece to be found. Frustrating, but I've since decided that it was some sort of defect out of my control.

Will I continue to buy these Puzzle Bug puzzles from the Dollar Tree? Yes, I think so!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!