Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Saint Paddy's Day

Today is Saint Patrick's Day, and I'm making a corned beef and cabbage dinner in the slow cooker. The carrots and red potatoes are cooking along side the corned beef, but I'll roast the cabbage in the oven later because roasted cabbage is really delicious. And of course there will be lime green jello with mandarin oranges. This afternoon as I was doing my weekly vaccuming, I had a flashback of my mom vaccuming. It was a nice memory! And I remembered what a good mom she's been all these years. She must have had a routine, I know she vaccumed every week and she washed the bed sheets every week. She always made sure she cooked a hot meal for us every night, and of course she baked lots of ranger cookies, bars, and her famous apple pie. I have a memory of her taking us swimming most days in the summer when we lived in Illinois, and she made popcorn and koolaid for us when we got home. The neighborhood kids always seemed to know when, because there they were when it was ready to eat! My mom didn't seem to mind. I'm sure there were times when I felt like she was holding on to us too tightly, she was fiercely protective of the family. But, I always felt safe and loved in our home. My mom is a blessing.
May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow. And may trouble avoid you wherever you go. ~ Irish Blessing. We can always use a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!