Friday, April 24, 2020

Dock's In

















I suppose we could hire the task out, but Bruce says it's a matter of pride to do it himself.

Putting the dock/lift in (and taking them out again in the fall) is a big job, and kind of a dangerous job, I think. Bruce does the physical work, but I let out the ropes and watch for all the bad things that could happen. I like to think I'm contributing. 😏

Bruce mentioned that he remembers my dad helping him to do this, and my dad was not a young man at the time. My dad was a tough man, though, so no surprise there. He was also very handy and could do just about anything. Bruce is the same.

At any rate, it's so cold and wet, even with waders on ... how can they stand it?

There was a loon supervising from a safe distance, and a neighbor's old golden stopped by to visit, even giving me a kiss.

In the evening after some more cleaning, we ate our cabin supper, and watched Burn After Reading with a glass of wine.

We actually had a couple of errands to run the next morning, and these days it's such a thrill to go anywhere outside of the house! We were as safe as we could be ... using the drive through at the bank, and standing a good distance away from Curt at his place when he gifted us maple syrup from his maple syrup-ing endeavors. Across the street from the bank was a Dollar General, and we decided to stop in and see if they had any toilet paper. They did (a good thing as we were down to our last roll 😂), plus paper towels and disposable vinyl gloves We only bought a package of each, no need to hoard. We also wore our masks and washed up well with soap and water when we got home.

What a world we are living in at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!