Friday, January 25, 2019

Whatever It Takes
















It's been bitter cold lately, and surely feeling like a January in Minnesota.

At least the sun has been shining brightly the last couple of days, which does help my mood. And it took some energy and focused attention, but the Christmas decorations are now all put away, and the last of the Christmas cookies have been eaten.

I've been thinking about all the homeless people trying to stay warm when it's this cold, and it makes me really grateful for my warm, cozy home and my warm, cozy bed!

My January eat out of the pantry challenge is still in the works, and I've recently started making big pots of soup on Sundays and so we have easy lunches for the rest of the week. I think I must be a little obsessed with split pea soup, though, as I keep finding new recipes I want to try ...

I still think about running away to warmer places at this time of the year, but it's probably not going to happen. I guess you have to do whatever it takes to get through winters in Minnesota. Hygge comes to mind as well as trying to connect with people when ever possible. All good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!