Sunday, June 10, 2018

Remembering Jess







It's been two years since Jessie left us, and I thought about her this past weekend when we met our new lake neighbors's black lab. I'm sure that their black lab is a good one, too, as most black labs are, but our Jessie was extra good and pretty much perfect in every way.

Jess always had to be with her people, even when we went up to the lake, although she never really wanted to go into the water. She would rather chase the chipmunks in the weedy area beside the lake, one time getting a bunch of bee stings from some hidden nest. That was not good.

So, I decided it was time to bring her ashes up with us, and sprinkle them along side the water where she would chase chipmunks. It felt like the right place for her to be.

And I don't know if we'll ever get another dog, but I do wonder about it whenever I see a sweet black lab face like Jessie's.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!