Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Homemade Veggie Burgers










I've decided, once again, that it might be good for me to try to make a new recipe at least once a week.

It could be good for me for a few reasons, one being that if I force myself to do it, it might help take me out of a boring cooking rut. It's easy to run out of ideas when you've been churning out food for the family for decades.

I also have the tendency to usually choose easy things to make, which is not bad in itself, but I sometimes start to feel overwhelmed when there are too many steps or ingredients involved. Maybe forcing myself to slow down, and focus on more complicated recipes will help me be more patient.

There is brain stimulation in learning new things!

More veggies and whole grain foods like bulgur wheat are inexpensive, and healthy!

Have I talked myself into it yet?

Plus, these black bean burgers were not bad. They were a little soft in the middle, but from looking around online, I found that this is not uncommon. Some ideas given to fix this were to bake the beans in the oven first. Or, or add some chopped nuts to the recipe.

Maybe I'll try again.

I'm not sure if Bruce was on board as much as I was in trying out our homemade veggie burgers, but I did add some sweet potato fries to the plate, and that helped a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!