Monday, November 6, 2017

Turkey







There was an awful lot of turkey eating going on in this house last week. But, we managed to finish all of it up without waste, which is a very good thing.

Perhaps many folks would tire of eating turkey morning, noon, and night, but, not us.

I personally enjoy eating leftovers for breakfast, and turkey with green bean casserole was quite delicious. Bruce made his signature omelettes of turkey, cheese, and cranberries, which was yum! And we made barbecue turkey pizza, turkey divan, and turkey noodle soup to round it all out.

There's still a couple of more weeks until Thanksgiving, plenty of time to get hungry again for turkey. Both Jake and Nick plan on coming home for the holiday, plus I invited Pa and Richard to join us again this year. Richard will bring his signature pumpkin pie, and Pa plans on bringing something called Broccoli Puff, which gets rave reviews at potlucks, she has heard.

I'll start getting my master list going of menu items to serve, and for getting the house in order soon.


5 comments:

  1. That all looked so delicious Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of them look delicious! I usually roast a big turkey leg, pull all the leftovers and put it in tupperwares in the freezer. It lasts for a couple of months and when I need something in a hurry, I just have to thaw it and make it with past or rice.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were all delicious. :-) I like to freeze extra leftovers, too. Right now I'm trying to remember all that's in the freezer, and trying to make meals from what I have in the house. And I'm always amazed to see how much is already there, where did it all come from? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olá, deve ser delicioso. Tem bom aspecto. Feliz domingo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!