Sunday, April 3, 2016

Spring Fever







I must have spring fever.

It's been a struggle this past week, to reign in the feeling of wanting to go out and spend money!

We ended up going out to eat THREE times, and that is just not acceptable. Taco Tuesday at the Red Rooster was fine, and I guess late night Happy Hour at Applebee's was nice, but our dinner at Don Pablo's was disappointing. It was fun to go out with the boys, but the next day we compared thoughts about our dinners, and discovered that neither one of us had enjoyed our food. Lots of money for no flavor, just a ton of salt.

And then there was this infomercial on TV about the Copper Chef Pan, and I was almost convinced that I had to have one. The apple pie they made in it looked amazing! But I made myself turn off the TV, and the temptation passed.

I wanted to go to Michael's and buy more yarn. But I didn't need more yarn.

So, I forced myself to start cleaning our room and once I got started, I began to feel less restless. Then I made a turkey meatloaf for dinner, which felt good. We went to sleep in a clean room, and woke up in a peaceful room, and today felt more settled.

We took a walk down to the beach and sat on a bench, listening to the water and the birds.

And this morning I put some spaghetti sauce in the crock pot to simmer so we didn't have to worry about supper when we ran out of energy and inspiration at the end of the day.

I think when I start to get restless about who knows what, it helps to get things in order. I need to remember this.

1 comment:

  1. There is great wisdom in this post my friend. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!