Sunday, May 25, 2014

Weekend at the Lake










no boundaries



one lone veggie dog


This weekend I decided to bring up most of my DVDs to the cabin. We don't have any TV reception there, and sometimes it's nice to have something to watch. A couple of our neighbors have antennas which allow them to get one or two channels, so we're thinking that might be something for us to look into. It is kind of silly to pay for dish for the amount of time that we're there.

Anyway, it was a lovely weekend. We found a toad sitting under the cover of the gas grill, and he peed on me when I rescued him. There was a dog wandering around and peeking into the porch. His owner just sort of yelled at him from a distance but never did anything to actually keep him out of other people's yards. He seemed like a likable enough dog though, he just didn't have any boundaries. He sort of reminded me of Tristin. 

We grilled brats on the grill for us, and one lone veggie dog for Katie. She said it was delicious.

We took a leisurely cruise around the lake and looked at all the cabins. Someone had made a loon house that was in the water, which was pretty cool to look at. And you could hear the frogs at night, which was a nice sound to drift off to sleep to.

The one thing I wanted to do but didn't, was make some bread in the bread maker. I looked for a bread mix in the store, but they no longer had any! Don't people use their bread makers anymore? At home I have all the ingredients in my pantry, but a mix is so much easier to carry in the car. Guess I'll have to put together my own in a bag and bring it up with us the next time we go.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!