Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Weekend of Celebrations







Katie is home! We made it back from the airport around midnight and then spent some time looking at the things she'd brought home from Seoul. She gave Bruce and I some Korean Wedding Ducks which are supposed to represent peace and fidelity. So beautiful! I gave her a bowl of homemade bean soup, and then we all went to bed.

Bruce and I woke up early this morning to a bright, blue sky and sunshine. I felt amazingly well rested despite the few hours of sleep I had. I think I was so relieved that the week was finally over and that Katie was home with us.

Bruce went up north to fish and I went to a wedding! Vicki and Bobbi got married in the chapel at work with Pastor Marty officiating the ceremony. Katie slept in until five in the afternoon.

And, Katie has now graduated from college. She wasn't able to attend graduation because of being in Korea, but I don't think she minded too much. I decided to give her one of my favorite things, a crockpot and vegan crockpot cookbook. The pattern on the crockpot reminded me of a dress she wore to prom in high school, which is why I had to get it, of course. Isn't she beautiful? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!