Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Grandfather Clock

I've always wanted a grandfather clock and this year, Bruce and I decided to give each other one for Christmas. We found a new for us one on Craig's list, and I love it so much. It has more simple lines than some grandfather clocks do, and Westminster chimes. We decided to place it beside the sofa in the living room. I had originally thought that the chiming would be loud and difficult to sleep through, but that hasn't been the case. Perhaps the carpet mutes it, or maybe I'm getting hard of hearing, either way, it's perfect.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful gift to give to each other. My parents have a old clock (that they inherited from my grandmother) on their mantle and it's chimes are calming to me. I remember talking to my mom on the phone after they moved into their home in Montana and hearing the clock chime...I started crying happy tears and told mom "you are really home, I hear the clock". :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!