Sunday, December 16, 2012

Cookie Therapy

It's been difficult to try and process the killings of the children and teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn. last Friday. I've come to my own conclusions that this is the type of thing that will never be understood or even explained as to why it ever happened in the first place. I can't pretend to imagine the horror and grief those parents must feel. I know we all need to hear about it, but it's about the only thing the news has been talking about all weekend, and it's hard not to cry when I really listen. I decided to try and distract myself a bit by making some Christmas cookies. I felt my mood improving as I dipped the pretzels in almond bark and poured colored sugar and sprinkles over them. It was kind of therapy. I know that making cookies isn't going to take away the evils of the world, but it is something beautiful I can focus on in my own little life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!