Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Stretch

Well, my poor little Beetle had a slow leaky tire, and needed to have air put in every couple of days or so. I tried to alternate between asking Bruce and Jake to help me put it in, but after awhile I started to feel guilty about asking. This went on for, oh, pretty much all summer. Plus every couple days when the tire was low, the indicator light and alarm would go off and practically scare the pants off of me when I was driving. I don't know why I just didn't bring it in to be serviced right away, that part is a mystery to me. Debbie, my inspiration in life, said it's so easy to put air in! You can do it! So, I watched Jake a bit closer and one day I tried myself. Oh, brother. What a piece of cake. I feel ridiculous now in my fear of doing it. Then, Bruce talked me into bringing it in to a local tire place and they repaired the tire for free. Free. Bruce said places do this sort of thing as a good will gesture, hoping people will bring their cars in to buy new tires in the future ... works for me! As for putting air into the tires, I'm pleased with myself for finally learning a new skill. Sometimes we need to stretch ourselves a bit.

2 comments:

  1. Sandy, I had to nod reading this because I will avoid doing simple things that would make my own life easier because I fear they may be difficult. Do you know that I have avoided doing most of the banking for years (my hubby does it) because I can't stand having to fill out the stupid deposit and withdrawal slips? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just so crazy, isn't it? Must be human nature or something.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!