Sunday, June 3, 2012

Busy Weekend

Yesterday was as good a day as any to make the drive to Duluth and help Kates get moved into her new place. She's going to be living with four other friends in a large, old home with lots of character. Her room is on the top floor, most likely an old attic, complete with sloping ceilings and a set of steep, narrow stairs. How her father was able to get her bed and desk up those stairs is beyond me. Bruce told me it reminded him of an apartment in St. Paul I used to live in years ago when we were first dating. (I also remember him telling me that he always felt like he was in a beer commercial after climbing all the stairs to get to my apartment.) Katie spent the rest of the evening setting up her room, announcing later that it felt calm and peaceful. Which is a good thing. We then drove to the lake to pick up the boat to bring home so Bruce could work on it, and it was after midnight by the time we got home. Needy animals greeted us at the door, bed by 2:30am, and boy did it feel wonderful to just stretch out to go to sleep. I told Bruce that I was feeling amazingly good despite all the lifting, climbing, and moving of the day and that I believed I had Curves to thank for it. :) Today we made a stop at Home Depot for more wood chips and a new fire pit, as the old one kind of fell apart last week. Nick picked out this one, and it looks pretty good on the patio. I'm thinking it might be nice to sip on some wine by a fire sometime soon, or maybe even some pink champagne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!