Saturday, February 18, 2023

February Book Club



The Brown Eyed Book Club Beauties met here this past Sunday. As I mentioned before, we didn't have a book picked out for this meeting, but we did choose one for the next time we get together, Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. Figuring out the best way to get the book can be tricky, though. We try to borrow books from the library if possible because nobody is all that interested in acquiring another book that just takes up more space in the house. (A little free library book would be amazing, though) I searched online at the library, and found that there were wait lists for everything they had, and ended up reserving an audio CD book to listen to. (I'm not really sure why, maybe I panicked. 😂) I then thought that I could probably listen to it while I knit something, which made me feel better. Netflix also has the movie streaming, so that would be an additional option that could add to our discussion of the book. 


Today I went to Barnes and Noble to look for a preschool age book on becoming a big brother (April is coming fast!) and the first table I walked by had Where The Crawdads Sing just sitting there. I looked, walked away, then walked back and picked one up! And ended up buying it, along with a book on becoming a big brother. I discovered that my Barnes and Noble membership number was still good, too, so I ended up getting a 10% discount!





Our food was delicious. I made an egg dish with tots on the bottom, Mona brought candied bacon palmiers (google it) and fruit, Kat brought some "savory bites", and Cathy brought Poke Cake! We also had mimosas and hot peppermint tea. 


Our next meeting will be in March at Mona's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!