Thursday, August 4, 2022

Flying Squirrel


 

Turns out we DO have a flying squirrel nesting in one of our bluebird houses!




Bruce had his suspicions, so we had to investigate a little closer. After we opened the box, I was ready with my phone to snap a photo ... he or she was sleeping, and then peered out at us through the nesting material. It didn't seemed to be afraid of us at all. I guess, flying squirrels are supposed to be quite gentle and friendly. Some people have made them into pets, but I'm sure we won't do that.






It was adorable, with big dark eyes! And since it's nocturnal, I doubt we'll be seeing much of him. He might eat from some of our many bird feeders in the yard, but other than that, he probably won't be a trouble maker. Just look at that face!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!