Friday, May 7, 2021

Easy Does it

Oofta, but I'm feeling overwhelmed! Somehow, my Little Bohemian Heart room has become out of sorts, and it's causing me all kinds of distress! I guess I've been keeping busy with life in other ways, but yesterday I got an etsy order for a couple of corsages to make. And then I HAD to deal with things, not a fun thing to do. I did get my corsages made, so that's good. I know that I need to get things cleared out and organized. But, it's hard. Today, I already had a charity pick up scheduled, and put out 13 boxes and bags of things to donate. I do take the time to make sure everything is clean and nice, and wrapped up securely, it matters to me that things aren't all trashy. But, the guy literally threw the bags as hard as he could into the truck, I could hardly believe what I was seeing! And then he left about 5 of the boxes behind, mostly books. I double checked the website later on to see if they accepted books, and it said they did. Frustrating.
I don't know why it's so hard for me to just get stuff out of the house, I really don't. I can sit for what seems like hours, putting things into organized piles, but I know I'll still have to do something with the piles, and that makes me so tired. Maybe 5 minutes at a time in the room decluttering is all I can handle at this time? Whatever it takes, I guess.
It's easy to come down on yourself, too, and start to think that maybe everyone else in the world has their act together more than you do. But, I'm going to try to fight those thoughts. It made me start to remember little things I can do that make me feel like I'm taking care of myself, like drinking some water, or eating something healthy like a piece of fruit. Or, calling a good friend. Of course, I'm still overwhelmed, but maybe my discomfort will be the thing that keeps me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!