Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Anniversary

As we grow older and wiser, our celebrations seem to get more comfortable and less complicated, and that's not a bad thing. Spending time doing normal things, and being together with family feels good. And if I also get the chance to prepare a meal for others to eat, even better. I think that's one way I honor the people I love. This year marked 40 years since Bruce and I first met, and of course we celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary on Valentine's Day. Jake and Brianna came over on Saturday for chicken, cheesecake, and wine and we were able to sit in front of the fire and talk. I made bacon and eggs for breakfast, and a T-bone steak dinner for Bruce on Sunday, and we even had a little date at Menards, where we bought some jelly! Bruce gave me a carved wooden plaque of all my favorite symbols ... heart, flower, peace sign, and smiley face ... our neighbor, Cappy, made it, which is even better. He also gave me an orchid, and heart shaped box of candy. My gift to him was a sock monkey basket full of goodies that he likes to eat, which I guess seems a little lame now compared to the stuff he gave me, but I meant well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!