Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Shower

























First of all, I'm going to be a grandma, and baby is due on Thanksgiving! πŸ‘ΆπŸ’•

Katie and Avie wanted to wait awhile before making a public announcement, so we had to be patient before telling anyone the exciting news. And that was kind of hard, but it's good to be able to keep a secret sometimes.

And, we don't know if baby will be a girl or boy yet, either ... well, Katie does, but that also won't be revealed just quite yet. So, our sweet, little shower was a bit old fashioned with no gift registry and no emphases on boy or girl gifts. People could pick out what ever they wanted!

Debbie helped me co-host, but she always ends up doing pretty much everything. She brought fruit pizza, veggie cream cheese pizza, and cucumber cream cheese tea sandwiches. Bruce made chicken salad, I made deviled eggs, and Katie made angel food cup cakes with cool whip and fresh berries on top. The food table looked really pretty, and we let people eat before playing games and opening gifts. I think everyone liked that. 😊

It's so fun to have people over.

Katie invited some old friends, I invited some old friends, and I think she felt loved by them all. I feel grateful to have so many loving people in our lives.

A new baby. πŸ’• I can hardly wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!