Friday, April 5, 2019

Little Women












I do believe that our little Book Club is turning out to be more of a social event than an academic exercise. 😉 And confidentially, not every single person actually reads the book! This time, two did and two didn't because well, life has a way of getting in the way.

It was a long book, but I got through it. And I'm glad that we're reading more of the classics. They're challenging in that the English is often times more proper, and sometimes I find myself needing to research the meaning of certain words and practices of the times. Which is a good thing and good for my brain.

We do love to eat there, and we do love to talk. Cathy's deviled eggs took a little tumble on the way to Book Club, but they were still very delicious. I brought a dip that Bruce calls Blow Chow (from old rugby days). It's cream cheese and salsa blended together, and everyone loved it, but we decided to rename it Book Club Dip as that sounds more appetizing, and is more appropriate for our fine group.

The exciting news this time had to do with Kat putting an offer in on a condo in S. Minneapolis, and the realtor kept calling her with updates. A day after bookclub, she sent notice to us that her offer was accepted, and that June Book Club would be in her new condo! Exciting times!

I decided to bring Happy Spring gifts for my people, sweet little quilted wine carriers that someone was selling at Curves, and bottles of Pinot Noir from Trader Joe's (the girl scout thin mint cookies, however, stayed home).

You might also have noticed the corn salsa sitting next to the Little Women library book. They had nothing to do with Book Club, but an old friend of Bruce's, Leroy, makes and cans the salsa, and gifted us with some. I'm thinking that I might attempt to make some in the future, too, why not?

Next Book Club will be hosted here, and our book choice is Murder on the Orient Express.

2 comments:

  1. Opah adorava ter um clube do livro!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book Clubs are wonderful, mostly because of the friendship aspect of it all.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!