Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Part of Life, Too










This morning as I was rushing around, and thinking about all the things I wanted to get done before the kids arrive later this week, I got a text from an old friend, who told me that a good friend of hers had a son who died by suicide this past Sunday.

How can you find the right words to say, that show true understanding of what that family must be going through? It's just so sad.

It's easy to get caught up in the rush, rush of this season. And then when you hear something like this, it just stops you in your tracks.

So, I did end up making some peanut butter kisses. I told my kids that I loved them. And then I sat down on the couch this evening, and watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I even let a cat sit in my lap.

And, I know that I'll start to rush around again, and probably worry way more than I need to about things that are not really all that important. But, I guess that's a part of life, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!