Thursday, January 25, 2018

This Week











We got a bunch of snow this week, about 9 inches. I'm not always such a fan of lots of snow and cold weather, but I will say that it really was quite beautiful. Usually Berry Lane is plowed out early in the morning after it snows like this, but for some reason they didn't get to it until afternoon. Of course, my Little Bug got stuck as we were driving to pick Mom up to see Dad, and it took Katie and me and some random woman walking down the road a bit of time to try and kick the snow away from the tires. After rocking the car back and forth awhile, we were able to be on our way!

With our winter weather, I've been wanting to stay inside and so I've been cooking more at home. I pulled out the family cookbook and have been re-remembering some favorites. I made some Tuna Broccoli Pie (recipe from Gwen) and Silver Turtles (using ground venison since we have a freezer full of venison to eat up). I also decided to add a few copies of the book to my Etsy shop and will post a link to it if anyone wants to see and/or buy. It really is a sweet, little cookbook but I could be biased. (See Simple Supper Cookbook)

There is now flu at the Care Center, and everybody is on Tamiflu. Dad is fighting something off and is so tired. Sometimes he doesn't seem to know us, which is sad and especially hard for Mom.  I remain grateful for all that they do for him there.

Creating some new corsages for Little Bohemian Heart and working on my Swedish Death Cleaning has also been helping me cope with the season, and of course a daily workout at my beloved Curves or a walk on the treadmill while watching Netflix helps, too.

Only 53 days of Winter left!

2 comments:

  1. All that snow...I am so jealous! ;) I can't even imagine how hard it is on all of you when your dad has days when he does not recognize you. (((((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. Each visit is different, the last one was better. Today we're supposed to have a little warm up before a predicted very cold Super Bowl weekend!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!