Monday, September 11, 2017

September Thing




















I hope we have an Indian Summer.

So far the weather has been nice with plenty of sun, gentle breezes, and lovely night sounds to listen to late into the evening. We've resumed our after supper walks around Thorpe Park, and went to an Alley Party in St. Paul where Bruce sang with an old buddy of his from college, Leroy. (Leroy and his wife, Elizabeth, have the homeliest little dog named Gunnar who provided plenty of entertainment all on his own, chasing after the little boys and trying to nip their bums.)

Bruce's annual fishing trip with the Lost Lonely Boys is coming up soon, and he's been busy making his trademark fishing lures to bring with.

And when things started to slow down after Katie and Avi left, I thought I'd better start concentrating on getting more stuff organized and out of the house again, my never ending quest to simplify our lives. I'd been staring at all the sheet music piling up around the piano and spilling out of the piano bench for quite some time, and so took an afternoon to work on that area. It did take an afternoon to do because it was massive! I also found all my old books from when I took lessons as a child, and then had to spend time remembering all those memories! Ah, yes. This is why our house is a work in progress.

Mom and Dad both have late summer colds, which makes me think about the upcoming flu season. I guess I'll have to pray about things when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!