Wednesday, July 5, 2017

July Already























Well, that last month sure whipped by, and now Jake has moved to start his new job in Albuquerque. He jammed the CRV full of stuff and headed west on his own, stopping for a night in Guyman, Oklahoma along the way. The drive there was unremarkable, but then his car broke down after he arrived, needing a new radiator, etc, which ended up not being a cheap repair. I guess he had a pretty bad day, but I'm just grateful that the car didn't decide to break down on a dark, desert highway (cool wind in my hair).

It was so nice to have him home for the month, and we spent quite a bit of time celebrating with food, and playing new board games that made Bruce and I feel a little inadequate, but I won't use the word stupid. It was fun at any rate.

The house is now quiet again, and the weather has been steamy. We've been going on walks to Deephaven Beach, and then we sit for a bit just to listen to the sounds of little kids and chimes and waves lapping up against sail boats. I love it.

And, come August, Katie and Avi will be home for a visit ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!