Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Beverly




Beverly passed away last night. She'd been battling Scleroderma for as long as I'd known her, but things just seemed to go downhill really fast recently. She'd been in the hospital and then they moved her to a care center in Minneapolis for comfort care. Her family thought that maybe she had a couple of weeks left, but you never really know about these things.

After supper, I started to feel desperate inside, thinking that I needed to see her. Bruce said he'd go with me, and once we started to drive, it began to snow and get icy on the roads. What a journey it was to get there!

She recognized me, gave me a hug, and said she was comfortable when I asked her.

I brought her a bag of Lays potato chips even though I knew she probably couldn't eat them. She loved Lays potato chips.

Oh, Beverly.

She cared about our people at work. She loved her grandkids. She drank grape Koolaid in the morning and wore lots of funky shoes. She fought hard until the very end.

And I can't believe that we've lost another friend at work.

I'm pretty sure that she's with Vickey now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!