Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Wild Spring















It's been a wild spring.

The exterior of Mom and Dad's townhouse was vandalized this week. Someone decided to rip off siding, wreck the air conditioner, and dismantle the phone line. They really don't need any more challenges to deal with, and how can you even imagine that someone would do that? It does seem, though, that when the snow melts, and more people are out and about, there is a tendency for trouble and crime to occur. Disgusting.

Dad continues to get stronger and has even made a few short trips out driving!

I've been trying to see more friends lately, and went to lunch at Annie's Parlour in Dinkytown with Patty and Linda. Linda wanted to relive some memories from the past, but it turns out that Annie's Parlour is now in a totally different building in a different part of the city, so I guess we made new memories instead. It was fun to be together, though.

I went to an earring making party at Debbie's and decided that it's tricky to make earrings.

I continue to knit and knit. And last evening at craft night, I had an ah-ha moment that made me realize that even though it's fun to make a sale in my etsy shop, do I really want it to be all work? Maybe it's better to just enjoy the process of making treasures without the added pressure from myself.

Jessie has been looking kind of frail this week. Her back legs alternate being weak, and her appetite is poor. She did eat some canned dog meat for me tonight, so maybe we skip the dry kibble and stick with the meat. Poor thing. She'll be 15 at the first of April.

And that's the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!