Friday, March 18, 2016

Mid March












I've had a wicked head cold this past week, and it just won't go away. It's slowed me down, it's made me feel stupid, and it hasn't made for a pleasurable week at all.

It has made it easier to stay in and cook, though. I can't see bothering going out to eat if I can't taste anything, plus by the time evening rolls around, all I want to do is go to bed. Maybe now that it's the weekend, I can get in a little more rest, and kick this thing.

We had a corned beef and cabbage dinner on St. Patrick's Day, which has become an annual tradition for us. Plus a lime jello to add a little green.

The cat grass I planted for a decoration on my Easter table is looking good. (After Easter dinner is done, I will let the cats check it out.) Mom and Dad are planning on coming over for dinner with us, which will be wonderful as Dad wasn't up to coming over last Thanksgiving or Christmas. Although he still has tired legs after his chemo, he is able to take care of himself once more, so all in all, things are much better.

Dad will also turn 87 this month, so we'll celebrate at the same time. I asked him what he wanted for his birthday dessert, and he said pumpkin pie. So we'll have pumpkin pie. Also ham and all the fixings, but I'll have to figure out what all the fixings will be later.

Two more sales in my etsy shop this week!

Jessie continues to give us a hard time about eating. Tonight I made a big deal about scrambling some eggs for her, and she decided to eat. That doesn't always work, but tonight it did. Every day is different. It's sad to watch her grow old and decline.

I know our time with her is coming to an end, but it's been so worth having her in our lives.


1 comment:

  1. (((((HUGS)))) I can hear the sadness in your post about not feeling well and about Jessie. I'm glad that you are planning for your Dad's birthday and that you are making him his choice of birthday meals. :) I think everyone should get to choose their birthday dinner and dessert don't you? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!