Sunday, August 24, 2014

More August













It's getting to be the end of August.

Bruce and I went out last week to a place called Floyd's, and sat outside to listen to music and eat some surprisingly good food. We were on the upper deck, and there was a nice breeze blowing and lights twinkling in the trees. It was the perfect summer night.

Nick turned 26 yesterday. He picked up a stone chess set at a thrift store, and we found out that he's pretty good at the game. I think I used to be okay at playing chess, but it's been a very long time. Wish I could remember my favorite moves!

The sunflowers are gorgeous ...

And, Grandma Gloria is doing well, too. They say she's now adjusted to the cats not being in her room anymore, which is good. We've discovered that Cleo likes to bite, mostly little love bites, but we're hoping that as she has more space to roam here, she won't do it as much. Both Pumpkin and Cleo are getting braver and have started wandering down the stairs. Minnie Mouse watches, sometimes gives a little hiss, but there really hasn't been any big cat drama yet.

One more week until Labor Day weekend, and Bruce is taking me to see The Little Mermaid at the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre as a birthday present!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!