Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Quiet Holiday

It's been a quiet day around here, a day of puttering around and doing whatever needed to be done. And since it's been so steamy hot, we haven't been staying outside for very long at a time. I did move some things around in the yard, though, a couple of bird baths. My strategy was to move them about a foot, then set them down to rest, then move them another foot. They look nice in the gardens. All we need is some rain to fill them up!
The raspberries were ripe, so we picked some and ate them with vanilla yogurt. With the cicadas singing and the hot breezes blowing, it definitely felt like summer.
I worked some more on the dining room, of course, and I'm pleased to report that I made a dent in it. We popped some Aldis Supreme pizzas in the oven and had them with some Trader Joe's sushi for supper.
And I finally got around to making some homemade granola in my crockpot. I'll post the recipe another day. We won't go to see fireworks tonight, though. It's just too hot outside. Plus, Bruce and I both need to work in the morning. I think all in all, it's been a pretty fine fourth of July.

1 comment:

  1. YOur berries look so good! Mine are just starting to produce. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!